Autodromo di Imola
A legendary circuit that has been the scene of triumphs and great tragedies.
The Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari hosts automobile and motorcycle races, but also fairs, events and concerts, which is why it is the beating heart of Imola and its cultural life. Designed by Checco Costa, the first stone was layed in March 1950. Officially inaugurated in 1953, the racetrack hosted the most important international motorsport competitions, starting from the 200 Miglia in 1972 to arrive at the first Formula 1 Grand Prix, in 1979, and at the SBK World Championship, first edition dated 2001. The track, which flows in a counterclockwise direction, has a layout for cars and one for motorcycles. For cars, the length is 4.909 meters, for motorbikes the length is 4.936 meters. Over the years, the circuit and the annexed buildings have been redeveloped and modernized. The first in 2006, which saw the construction of the 32-pit pit-building, the 50,000-square-meter paddock and the new Race Direction. The second floor is currently underway and involves the construction of the new press room / convention center and the realization of the multimedia project concerning the Checco Costa Museum, inaugurated on May 1, 2014.